Seeking Dental Billing Specialist - Leawood, KS
Description: Growing Leawood, KS Orthodontia practice has an immediate Dental Billing Specialist (DBS) career opportunity.
If you're someone seeking long-term employment working within a collaborative and friendly team culture, we would like to hear from you!
The right Dental Billing Specialist will be organized and knowledgeable in dental revenue-cycle processes. Core responsibilities include entering dental charges, claims filing, posting insurance and patient payments, insurance verification, accounts receivable, and tracking patient balance reports.
The right DBS will regularly verify claims filing status and any unpaid insurance or patient balances.
• Verification of patient benefits and eligibility.
• Utilize TOPS electronic practice management software for claims submission.
• Verify accuracy of insurance carrier payments.
• Self-audit work to assure correctly and timely paid claims.
• Where applicable, appeal non-paid procedures through direct insurance carrier phone call or narrative.
• Disperse electronic and paper patient statements
• Assist with refund initiation where applicable.
• Back-up (lunch hour) the front office staff
• Additional responsibilities as directed by Treatment Coordinator and Orthodontist.
PERKS and BENEFITS offered to you include:
•.36-hour work week; Mon-Thur 7:30am-5:00pm .
• No Fridays, no evenings.
• Generous PTO (paid time off) accrual.
• Paid major holidays.
• Fantastic coworkers and rock star Orthodontist!
• Healthcare reimbursement allowance
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Experience with electronic practice management software preferred
• 1 year or more dental billing experience required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. $18.00 - $21.50 hourly depending on experience and skill sets.
Contact: Lawrence Sperry