Seeking Orthodontic Assistant - Prairie Village, KS
Description: Your ability to value and improve the patient experience will play a major role in the delivery of extraordinary dental care. Orthodontic Assistants are a critical part of our mission because they not only support the patient, they provide the doctor with valuable assistance on patient procedures.
The Orthodontic Assistant has direct responsibility for the patient’s excellent experience while "in the chair," and patient retention overall. We are seeking a candidate with current or recent orthodontic or dental assisting experience who shares the passion, vision, and values our practice feels are required for providing outstanding patient care.
We are committed to excellence and we are seeking an excellent individual to fill our opening. You are unique, and so are we—it’s time you worked with an organization that appreciates you, challenges you, and helps your professional growth with a team of people dedicated to quality, patient care, and leading the industry with innovation.
We are searching for a talented orthodontic assistant who wants to provide excellent customer service for the patient, provide precise support to the doctor, and possess an amiable chair-side manner. Flexibility, analytical skills, collaboration, and follow-up are all needed in our dynamic state-of-the-art practice environment.
So how about it?—Are you passionate about an opportunity like this?
• Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
• Excellent positive attitude and customer service skills
• Professionalism and integrity in all aspects of job, including both verbal and written communication skills
• Possess exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs as required
Requirements for all Orthodontic Assistants:
• Provide exceptional customer service, with excellent chair-side manner, by making the patient the #1 priority
• Be present, engaged and ready to work at all assigned shift times
• Take direction from the doctor, assist with all orthodontic procedures, and anticipate doctor's needs
• Take, develop and mount accurate, high quality radiographs
• Review patient charts prior to doctor arrival, log appropriate patient data and health history during the exam and treatment
• Clean, sterilize and prepare the equipment and operatory, per the organization's procedures and guidelines, prior to a patient’s appointment
• Perform efficient and accurate procedures to help maintain the schedule and patient flow
• Educate the patients and address their questions and/or concerns
• Demonstrate good teamwork to deliver an extraordinary experience for every patient
• Partner with doctors, hygienists, and support staff to maintain excellent patient service and integrity within the organization
• Assist the front office staff in scheduling patients’ follow up visits, as well as tracking the incoming and outgoing lab cases, to ensure quality and timely products
• Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
• Follow the organization’s safety policies and procedures through OSHA compliance and BBP (Blood-borne Pathogens) federal regulations
We Offer You:
• Monday-Thursday workdays - No Fridays or weekends
• Paid major holidays & 401k
• A full-time position as an orthodontic assistant
• Fun, high-energy, professional, and team-oriented environment
We are seeking a candidate with current or recent orthodontic or dental assisting experience. Salary range $18-$22/hr. Salary commensurate with experience.
If you would like to be considered for our opening, please submit a current resume in PDF or JPEG format to Mary@vsskc.com. EOE
Seeking Dental Assistant - Topeka, Lawrence, and Emporia, KS
Description: Under the general supervision of a Dentist in a private practice care setting, assists the dentist in providing dental treatment. Follows and supports our patient care model for patient experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for regular maintenance of high speed and low speed handpieces.
• Collects and records patient health histories.
• Patient management during dental procedures, monitors patient when N20 is being used.
• Instrument transfer 4 handed dentistry while following sterile/OSHA procedures.
• Dental procedure isolation techniques.
• Prepares dental materials, cements, composite, impression materials, etc.
• Anticipates all of doctor’s needs.
• Ensures operatory is set up and broken down properly.
• Conducts maintenance of all equipment; sterilizers, ultrasonic, flush lines, clean/replace traps.
• Scans reception room for patients.
• Assumes responsibility for the upkeep of the dental operatory and equipment
• Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of assigned operatory and for assigned equipment.
• Maintain a stocked and clean operatory.
• Assist in updating and maintaining patient dental records to include Ortho and Perio charting as directed.
• Prevention and management of dental medical emergencies.
• Inventory control and management.
• Expose and develop radiographs while always using good radiation hygiene.
• Ensures all instruments are cleaned and sterilized/disinfected to meet OSHA, CDC, and ADA standards.
• Ensures dental treatment room is properly disinfected.
• Explain post-operative care.
• Assist with Front Desk duties as assigned.
• Create treatment plans and present to the patient and/or treatment coordinator or patient coordinator on behalf of the dentist.
• Assist with Specialty Doctors.
• Fabricate 4+ unit temporaries and space maintainers.
• Conduct follow-up calls on extensive treatments and report back to dentist.
• Attend and participate in team meetings.
• Assist with all training for any new equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic.
• Commitment to service excellence.
• Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through.
• Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
• Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of supporting a team to achieve successful results.
• Maintains confidentiality discretion. Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives.
• Willing to grow and be challenged.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience.
• Leadership, critical thinking, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Certification in Dental Assisting preferred or as required by state.
• Current CPR, BLS or PALS required. Radiology certified as required by state.
• Nitrous certificate preferred or as required by state. Pit and fissure sealant certificate preferred or as required by state. Knowledge of insurance and treatment plans. • Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
Physical Demands: Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and or loud noises. Moderate Physical activity; requires handling average-weight objects up to 15-20 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day. Sitting for extended periods of time. Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Compensation: $14 to $23 and hour (DOE)
Contact: JD Deines
Seeking Lead Dental Assistant - St. Marys, KS
Description: We are looking an experienced assistant with proven technical skills. Our ideal team member is a strong assistant who can make the dentist more productive. The office is open Monday through Wednesday from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Preparing patients for dental work
• Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures
• Recording treatment information in patient records
• Taking x-rays for patient diagnostics and caring for dental x-ray equipment
• Collecting and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs
• Providing postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist
• Caring for dental equipment
• Forming preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts
• Ordering dental supplies and maintaining dental equipment inventory
• Fabricating temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions
• Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary
• Paid vacation and well leave
• Paid holidays
• Co. paid life insurance
• Health insurance
Contact: Kelly Huff