Seeking Experienced Dental Assistant
Description: Seeking an experienced Dental Assistant to join our team!
Our friendly, family oriented private practice is dedicated to quality care, excellence in dentistry, and exceptional customer service. As part of our team, you must be a self starter, with a positive attitude and willingness to be flexible, caring, and energetic. We are looking for a team member that is organized, experienced regarding dental procedures. Must have excellent communication skills and is willing to participate as an amazing team member!
Must be available 7:30am - 5:30pm Monday - Fridays
Software - Dentrix Itero and Cerec experience
Strong teamwork skills; ability to work well with others
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Multi-tasking and organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $15.00 - $22.00 per hour
Contact: Dr. Susan K Edwards
Seeking Dental Assistant - Topeka, Lawrence, and Emporia, KS
Description: Under the general supervision of a Dentist in a private practice care setting, assists the dentist in providing dental treatment. Follows and supports our patient care model for patient experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for regular maintenance of high speed and low speed handpieces.
• Collects and records patient health histories.
• Patient management during dental procedures, monitors patient when N20 is being used.
• Instrument transfer 4 handed dentistry while following sterile/OSHA procedures.
• Dental procedure isolation techniques.
• Prepares dental materials, cements, composite, impression materials, etc.
• Anticipates all of doctor’s needs.
• Ensures operatory is set up and broken down properly.
• Conducts maintenance of all equipment; sterilizers, ultrasonic, flush lines, clean/replace traps.
• Scans reception room for patients.
• Assumes responsibility for the upkeep of the dental operatory and equipment
• Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of assigned operatory and for assigned equipment.
• Maintain a stocked and clean operatory.
• Assist in updating and maintaining patient dental records to include Ortho and Perio charting as directed.
• Prevention and management of dental medical emergencies.
• Inventory control and management.
• Expose and develop radiographs while always using good radiation hygiene.
• Ensures all instruments are cleaned and sterilized/disinfected to meet OSHA, CDC, and ADA standards.
• Ensures dental treatment room is properly disinfected.
• Explain post-operative care.
• Assist with Front Desk duties as assigned.
• Create treatment plans and present to the patient and/or treatment coordinator or patient coordinator on behalf of the dentist.
• Assist with Specialty Doctors.
• Fabricate 4+ unit temporaries and space maintainers.
• Conduct follow-up calls on extensive treatments and report back to dentist.
• Attend and participate in team meetings.
• Assist with all training for any new equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic.
• Commitment to service excellence.
• Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through.
• Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
• Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of supporting a team to achieve successful results.
• Maintains confidentiality discretion. Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives.
• Willing to grow and be challenged.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience.
• Leadership, critical thinking, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Certification in Dental Assisting preferred or as required by state.
• Current CPR, BLS or PALS required. Radiology certified as required by state.
• Nitrous certificate preferred or as required by state. Pit and fissure sealant certificate preferred or as required by state. Knowledge of insurance and treatment plans. • Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
Physical Demands: Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and or loud noises. Moderate Physical activity; requires handling average-weight objects up to 15-20 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day. Sitting for extended periods of time. Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Compensation: $14 to $23 and hour (DOE)
Contact: JD Deines