Dental Hygienist in Topeka, KS
Description: Who we are: GraceMed is a place that provides Hopecare; Healthcare that gives everyone hope. Hope that they can afford and access the care they need to live the quality of life they want. Be part of a team that provides hope to those who need it! To help us provide Hopecare we are looking for a Dental Hygienist in Topeka, KS to work full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
What you’ll do: You will provide professional Dental Hygienist services to complement the Provider’s role of delivering primary dental care services;
Some of your duties include:
• Develop and implement individualized dental care plans for patients; perform patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a Dentist.
• Assess dental condition and needs of the patient, using patient screening procedures.
• Deliver direct patient care using established dental hygiene procedures, perform routine treatment procedures such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants and flourides.
• Document dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate; document lab procedures and ensure follow-up on results.
• Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
• Clean and sterilize equipment and instruments. What you need to be successful:
• Graduate from an accredited school of Dental Hygiene.
• Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist in the State of Kansas.
• CPR Certification (must be obtained within 30 days of employment). What will make you stand out:
• Previous Dental office experience.
This is not an all-inclusive list of the job functions. GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Contact: Hagan Featherston
Seeking Dental Hygienist- Lawrence, KS
The Dental Hygienist is responsible for providing a full range of oral hygiene services and education to Heartland Health Center patient panel. This position will require OSHA training and will be subject to blood and other bodily fluids. In accordance with HIPAA regulations, this position requires full access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Such disclosure is necessary to perform the requirements of the job. Confidentiality of PHI must be maintained. The Dental Hygienist has a key role in expanding the development of an integrated health care model for Heartland Community Health Center.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Preventative and rehabilitative caries control and periodontal services:
• Promote an atmosphere of good dental and general health by demonstrating good personal oral hygiene
• Educate patients on techniques of flossing, brushing, overall oral health, and the role of the dental care team
• Clean and sterilize instruments appropriately
• Follow infection control protocols and standard operating procedures
• Complete required daily, monthly and annual equipment maintenance
• Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Lab duties include: pour and trim models and fabricating trays
• Remove the biohazard trash as needed
• Answer patient inquiries related to pain and/or medications
• Perform all duties in accordance with OSHA regulations
• Is attentive to patient needs
• Attend meetings as required (Joint Staff, Department, etc.
• Completes assigned trainings in timely manner
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Use safety precautions to protect patient and self
• Existing caries and restorations, missing teeth and prostheses
• Periodontal assessment including but not limited t probing depths, recession, mobility and furcation involvement
• Complete head and neck exam, including soft tissue pathology
• Properly makes oral radiography
• Takes necessary safety precautions to protect patient from unnecessary radiation
• Ability to prioritize tasks to provide appropriate efficient and quality patient care
• Ability to anticipate and react calmly in emergency situations
• Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and regulations
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets, Windows, databases, graphs and the ability to write reports and correspondence by using proficient grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Enthusiasm for working as a member of a team in a rapidly changing environment
• Willingness to educate patients and the community about oral healthcare and the role of the dental care team
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize them to provide appropriate, efficient, and quality patient care
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively and respectfully interact with unsatisfied patients and coworkers
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, coworkers, and the public
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to evaluate statistics and data and make appropriate recommendations
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment
• Must be able to document in a neat, legible manner and be able to spell dental terminology correctly
• Effective and efficient time management
• Ability to accurately document procedures in electronic record
• Ability to follow written policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of standard office machines including copier, fax, multi-line phones, printers, scanners, etc.
• Arrives to work on time
• Attire is clean and neat
• Maintains good personal hygiene
• Driving company and maintaining company vehicle
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Graduation from a certified RDH program
• Current Kansas License
• Prefer at least one year experience
• Must have and maintain CPR certification
• Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse participant and employee base
• Hours Monday through Friday, ranging from 8am – 7 pm. Shifts are generally 8hrs in length in clinic or community based
- Occasional weekend and after-hours work may be required
- Hours are determined under the direction of the Dental Director with an expected workweek of 40 hours and to average no less than 32.5 hours
- Hours are approximate and may be altered by supervisor(s) as needed
Contact: Ms. Emily Wittenbach