Action for Dental Health Passes the House
Thanks to your grassroots efforts, H.R. 2422 the Action for Dental Health Act of 2017, passed the House of Representatives by an overwhelming margin on February 26, 2018.
Action for Dental Health is the ADA’s nationwide, community-based movement aimed at ending the dental health crisis in America. With the passage of the Action for Dental Health Act, the ADA hopes it will lead to:
- Improving oral health education and dental disease prevention.
- Reducing the use of emergency rooms for dental care.
- Helping patients establish dental homes.
- Reducing barriers, including language barriers and cultural barriers, to receiving care.
- Facilitating dental care to nursing home residents.