Dental School Faculty Practice Front Desk Administrator - Position #37356
UMKC School of Dentistry is seeking an experienced and self-motivated individual to work as Front Desk Administrator in our Dental Faculty Practice Clinic.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, a friendly, positive demeanor, outstanding organizational skills, and attention to detail.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Greet customers, issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers and explain benefit coverage to patient
• Verify insurance coverage; compute patient benefits, and compile itemized bills
• Answer patient questions regarding billing statements and insurance coverage
• Work with insurance companies on unpaid insurance claims to obtain settlement of claim
• Prepare forms outlining dental expenses for governmental, welfare, and other agencies paying for specified patients
• Record insurance payments and close out file when paid in full, and prepare unpaid claims for transfer to collection agencies
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, or automatic debits, compute and record totals of transactions
• Assist management in preparation of budgets, policies, or work standards
• Schedule patients when needed and ensure clinical assistants are scheduled appropriately with doctors
• Manage the unscheduled treatment lists to make sure all patients needing treatment are scheduled and provider’s schedules are booked efficiently
• Oversee the ordering and inventory of dental supplies for the faculty practice
• Helping to manage and delegate duties to the office support assistants working on your team
Minimum Qualifications: An Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
• Proficiency with Dentrix Practice Management Software
• Knowledge of dentistry and dental procedures and at least two years’ experience working in a Dental or Medical office
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to make decisions independently, solve common problems and to provide immediate solutions
• Strong desire to succeed, exceeds goals, and maximizes opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, both internally and with patients
• Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and proficient with Microsoft Office business applications
• Must be adaptable and flexible in an environment that is subject to frequent change
Please apply directly at: www.umkc.edu and click the Jobs link >> Staff Positions >> View Jobs >> View Latest Jobs >> Dental School Faculty Practice Front Desk Administrator, 37356.