Dental School Faculty Practice Front Desk Administrator - Position #37356
UMKC School of Dentistry is seeking an experienced and self-motivated individual to work as Front Desk Administrator in our Dental Faculty Practice Clinic.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, a friendly, positive demeanor, outstanding organizational skills, and attention to detail.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Greet customers, issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers and explain benefit coverage to patient
• Verify insurance coverage; compute patient benefits, and compile itemized bills
• Answer patient questions regarding billing statements and insurance coverage
• Work with insurance companies on unpaid insurance claims to obtain settlement of claim
• Prepare forms outlining dental expenses for governmental, welfare, and other agencies paying for specified patients
• Record insurance payments and close out file when paid in full, and prepare unpaid claims for transfer to collection agencies
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, or automatic debits, compute and record totals of transactions
• Assist management in preparation of budgets, policies, or work standards
• Schedule patients when needed and ensure clinical assistants are scheduled appropriately with doctors
• Manage the unscheduled treatment lists to make sure all patients needing treatment are scheduled and provider’s schedules are booked efficiently
• Oversee the ordering and inventory of dental supplies for the faculty practice
• Helping to manage and delegate duties to the office support assistants working on your team
Minimum Qualifications: An Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
• Proficiency with Dentrix Practice Management Software
• Knowledge of dentistry and dental procedures and at least two years’ experience working in a Dental or Medical office
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to make decisions independently, solve common problems and to provide immediate solutions
• Strong desire to succeed, exceeds goals, and maximizes opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, both internally and with patients
• Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and proficient with Microsoft Office business applications
• Must be adaptable and flexible in an environment that is subject to frequent change
Please apply directly at: www.umkc.edu and click the Jobs link >> Staff Positions >> View Jobs >> View Latest Jobs >> Dental School Faculty Practice Front Desk Administrator, 37356.
Great Opportunity for a Dental Office Manager - Johnson County, KS
New Horizons Dental Practice Management supported office is seeking a responsible, goal-oriented Dental Office Manager in Johnson County, KS.
Must have dental office management experience - all other candidates will not be considered.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, proficient in office management who can effectively manage day-to-day operations in the supported dental office. This Dental Office Manager position plays a critical role in efficiently managing administrative tasks in our dental practice to ensure the most organized, professional dental service is being provided.
If you think you would fit well into this Dental Office Manager position and are looking for a rewarding career in dental office management, we’d love to hear from you. The Dental Office Manager Compensation is based upon experience.
Dental Office Manager General Functions:
The Dental Office Manager ensures fundamental systems and protocols are in place within the supported dental office, allowing the doctor to focus on dentistry.
The Manager will also maintain the office budget to achieve profitability, assist in dental team development, build positive relationships with the dentist, Regional Manager and dental team members, manage schedules to meet daily dentistry goals and assume a leadership role in motivating office team members and proactively seeking ways to improve the dental practice.
In addition, the Dental Office Manager will emphasize patient service by ensuring world-class office phone service, updating dental team members on communication tools, and focusing on patient advocacy.
For more information, please contact Brandon at 785-342-6401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.