How to find dentists accepting KanCare (Medicaid):
- All children enrolled in KanCare have dental coverage. For help finding a dentist for your child, use the Find a Dentist for Your Kid search tool on the federal CMS website at this link: www.insurekidsnow.gov/coverage/find-a-dentist/index.html
- Adults with KanCare insurance can receive dental exams and cleanings at least once per year. In addition, United Healthcare will provide one x-ray per year and those with a FE waiver may be eligible to receive dentures at no cost. Tooth extractions may be covered if they are considered medically necessary.
- Call the phone number on your health insurance card to find out how to find a dentist near you who takes your insurance.
- Be sure to let your dentist know that you’re enrolled in KanCare or give them the name of your health plan when you make an appointment for care.
- If you’re having trouble getting an appointment to see a dental care provider, call the KMAP Customer Service Center at 1-800-766-9012 or your health plan’s member services department for help.
- Click on “Find a Doctor”
- Click on “Find a Dentist”
- Select a Network — this is already pre-selected for you
- You can then search for a dentist based on your location, Dentist Name or Practice Name. •Please note: as a non-registered user, the list of dentists you access on this site may not be the same as the list you access as a registered user. This function is provided for informational purposes only.
- Customer Assist: 1-877-542-9238 (TTY 711)
- Enter in your Zip Code
- You can then search for a dentist based on your location
- Please remember to review the "Network" column and make sure your dentist is listed in your plan.
- Customer Assist: 1-855-221-5656 (TTY 711)
To learn more about KanCare (Medicaid) or to enroll for coverage, visit www.kancare.ks.gov/consumers/.