Description: UMKC is part of the University of Missouri, with excellent fringe benefits package (www.umkc.edu). Applicants should submit a letter of interest, a CV, names and contact information for three references in one document online to www.umkc.edu/jobs.
Please direct inquiries and correspondence to: Dr. Pamela Overman, (email@example.com) Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, UMKC School of Dentistry.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All final candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Associate Professor/Professor Chair, Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics - Position #36059
The University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry is seeking to fill the position of Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics at the rank of Associate Professor/Professor (tenured/tenure track). The position is 100% benefit eligible, full time position for 5 days per week. One day per week may be reserved for private practice, research, development and other school related activities. Rank and tenure status will be based on experience and credentials.
The department is responsible for pre-doctoral and advanced education training for students, for patient care, service and research in orthodontics.
Responsibilities of the position include pre-doctoral classroom and clinical instruction oversight and general oversight responsibility for the Advanced Education Program in Orthodontics. The ideal candidate will be Board certified or eligible in Orthodontics.
A DDS or DMD degree with eligibility for Missouri dental licensure and Board eligibility in Orthodontics are required. Interviews with qualified candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Specific position responsibilities include:
• Leadership in oversight of the daily operations of the Department
• Mentorship of departmental faculty and staff
• Regular meetings with the dean to advance important departmental issues
• Supervision of the activities of the Department including responsibility for departmental curriculum, clinical operations/education of students and advanced education residents and quality patient care in the discipline of Orthodontics
• Fiscal responsibility for departmental operation
• Management of departmental scheduling, staffing responsibilities, management of faculty/staff workloads and assignments
• Accountability for departmental faculty and staff for advancing the goals of the department and the School of Dentistry
• Accountability for the departmental culture of collegiality and professionalism, supporting the institutional Core Values
• Decision making regarding departmental goals and operations
• Support for scholarship/creativity of the department
• Compliance with CoDA standards, UMKC School and campus policies and UM Collected Rules and Regulations
• Participation in the monthly Administrator’s meeting
• Communication back to the department faculty and staff regarding important issues including those from the Administrator’s meetings
• Valuing diversity, appreciation for inclusion
Contact: Dr. Pamela Overman